Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Welcome Surprise!

When you are in our position economically, you dream a lot about what could be and what you would like to be. What I mean is, Randy and I had high hopes for 5 children, our own "owned" home and to not be rich but comfortable. When we found ourselves, shall I say, "uncomfortable" financially, our dream seemed to become a foggy prayer that we could not see clearly for our future anymore. We still wanted the kids and wanted the house and wanted the moula. We were and are ever so grateful for the gifts of our 2 children and a roof over our head as well as good health and employment for both of us. Our doctors told me I would never conceive again without fertility treatments and monitoring and counting cycle days and going through the several steps it took to "get" our current children. We knew what fertility treatments cost and it would be awhile before we would be able to do that stuff again! Not to mention, we couldn't afford a baby right now if we wanted one! 


I needed to take a medication involving my PCOS and to acquire this medication, you have to take a pregnancy test. On October 31, 2011, I took this test. Yes, Halloween. It was almost midnight and I was just taking it as an afterthought so I could go get the meds the following day. I had NO reaction when the test read positive. My husband was not with me. (Funny, I just realized he was never there for any of the others either). I didn't even tell him I was taking it. I had NO idea what to do. Um, how far along was I? What did I EAT today and yesterday? WHAT IN THE WORLD IS HAPPENING? REALLY? I mean, REALLY?! 

I went downstairs and told Randy we needed to talk...outside...NOW. As if my shock and anxiety wasn't through the roof, he says, "You're pregnant, aren't you?" What?! How in the world could he surmise this?! I guess my silence and dropped-jaw were answer enough because he responded, "I've been eating weird for a while now. I always eat weird when you're pregnant." Oh, well, that makes total and complete sense then...NOT. 

In the end, of the pregnancy that is, we received a beautiful blue-eyed baby girl! Not only was she our surprise gift from God but she told those doctors that God decides who will and will not get pregnant with medicine! SUR-PRISE!!!! 



"The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord!"


No comments:

Post a Comment