Friday, June 14, 2013

Noah's Storm

Yesterday, we had a storm. As the storm was heading our way and the skies became darker, I checked on my sleeping girls. I returned to Noah's room and he said, "I just prayed." I inquired, "Well, that's great! What did you pray about?" He answered, "I prayed God would help me to not be scared of the big, huge storm." I was so impressed with his knowledge and desire to pray to God it took me a second to respond! I asked him if he knew who created storms. He simply said, "God does." I then asked him, "Who is with us always?" He immediately said, "God is." I explained to him that God is always with us whether we're scared, happy, sad or even lonely. I got up, slid the curtains aside and asked him if he would like to skip naptime and watch God at work. He excitedly said yes. As we spent the next few minutes watching the sky grow darker, the lightning flash, the trees bend nearly to the ground and as we listened to the thunder clap, God answered prayer. Noah was no longer afraid. He was excited! He would say, "Cool!", "Awesome!", "Did you see that?!" and "Wow!" 

Little minds and hearts cling to our every word and action. I am so grateful God is teaching my children how to love, cherish and pray to Him. It was a beautiful storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment